A financially healthy hospital is important for us all.
Because a healthy hospital means healthy people.
We are working with UnitedHealthcare to ensure we remain a financially healthy hospital for you, but time is running out.
A financially secure hospital is a critical part of providing care. That’s why we are working with UnitedHealthcare (United) on a new contract with payment rates that better reflects the quality of care we deliver to you – their members. We have made great progress in our negotiations and agreed in principle to many parts of the contract, yet there is still work to be done. To continue working toward a new contract that provides the greatest value to our patients and health system, both organizations have agreed to extend our current contract end date to January 31, 2019.
Don’t let United threaten your health by cutting off vital resources you depend on at Holy Cross.
To keep in-network access to Holy Cross, here’s what you can do:
- Contact United to voice your opinion. Call the number on the back of your United health plan ID card to let them know you want Holy Cross to remain in your network.
- Call the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS). Medicare Advantage members can call CMS at (404) 562-7150 about the requirements for continued in-network access through the new Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period running from January 1, 2019 – March 31, 2019.
- Apply for Continuity of Care. Patients must apply for Continuity of Care within 30 days of February 1, 2019, or they will not be eligible for the Continuity of Care service. Certain patients may be able to continue receiving in-network care at Holy Cross for up to six months from February 1, 2019, including:
- United members who are inpatient at the hospital prior to January 31, 2019;
- United members undergoing an active course of treatment prior to January 31, 2019;
- Any United member who has initiated a course of prenatal care, regardless of trimester;
- Any United member upon their request. You can call the phone number on the back of your United health insurance card today or fill out this form to request continued care at Holy Cross.
- Talk to Your Employer. If you have health insurance through your employer, ask your employer or benefits manager about your plan’s out of network benefits to ensure you can continue accessing Holy Cross if we are no longer in-network with United. You can also consider additional health insurance options to keep your in-network access to Holy Cross. The following plans are in-network for both Holy Cross Hospital and the Medical Group:
- Medicare Advantage:
- Aetna PPO
- AvMed HMO
- Devoted Health HMO
- Florida Blue (BCBS) Classic, Choice & Select
- Humana PPO
- Positive Healthcare HMO
- Solis Health Plan HMO
- Commercial (employer-sponsored):
- Community Care Plan
- Employers Health Network
- Florida Blue (BCBS)
- Medicare Advantage: